Loans and Fines
|User Category||Maximum Number of Items||Number of Renewals Allowed||Fines Apply?|
|External Borrowers/Trust members||3||3||Yes|
Loan reminders and overdue notices are sent to your University email account or by text message.
Fines- Overdue loan charges
Charges on overdue items help to improve the availability of the materials you require for your studies. If you return items after the due date, then you will be charged at the following rates:
- 3 week loan: 20p per day or part of a day
- 7 day loan: 50p per day or part of a day
- Restricted Loan: 50p per HOUR or part of an hour
For fines totalling less than £10 - the user must pay at least £2 each time further items issued.
For fines totalling more than £10 - the user must pay at least £5 each time further items issued.
For fines totalling more than £30 - the user will not be permited to borrow.
1. After an item has been renewed three times, it must be returned to the library.
2. The limit of 3 renewals applies to one week loans as well as to standard loans.
3. If a book is reserved by another user, it must be returned by the end of the current period of issue and may not be renewed.
4. Loan periods may change in the Christmas and Summer vacations. Please check with your Library for more details.